Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Step 9 - Plumbing

I ordered a 15 gallon fresh water tank, pump, and 6 gallon grey water tank from www.etrailer.com. The pump and fresh water tank will sit below the larger bed (seen in the picture to the right) and the grey water tank is under the sink. It's more portable for easy emptying. I have the sink and faucet and still need to get the shower wand for the back. I am hopeful I can figure out how to make this work without a plumber. I know how I want to set it up, but don't know if it will work. The plug for the pump is long enough to connect to either the AC outlet in the back or the battery-powered outlet in the back (if I want to have water pressure when I'm "off the grid."

The sink base is pretty much like the rest of my framing. Functional. But the top came out nicely. It's made from scraps of a wood slab we used at the shop. There was enough for the countertop, a backsplash, and a "sidesplash." I used Watco Butcher Block oil on the surfaces (even a couple coats on the backs/bottoms,) sanding between coats with 320 grit sandpaper, because it was the finest I had. I think I ended up with four coats on the sides that may see some wear and tear.


No comments:

Post a Comment